1.21.2012

My Favorite Thing

Week 3 of 2012 has come and gone.  I'm not sure about the rest of y'all but January just isn't going fast enough for me.  Must. Remind. Self. to just breathe and take one moment/day at a time... ahhh Zen. 

Okay, with that off my chest; this week's Weekly Photo Challenge is "Your Favorite Thing."  I have loads of favorite things.  I love to spend time with Chris, family and friends, listen to great music, read with a glass of red wine next to me, soak in a warm bath, be outside, photograph, spooning first thing in the morning, etc.  It was really hard to choose just one thing.  To be honest, I'm not really sure if we were only supposed to choose just one thing but I knew I wouldn't be able to fit all of my favorite things into one photograph.  Just wouldn't happen.  

As I was making a mental list of my favorite things and it got to reading's turn I immediately thought of Harry Potter.  Anyone who knows me should not be surprised by this.  I seem to never get sick of reading/watching/talking Harry Potter.  I have re-read the series a couple of times and it never gets old (mainly because I don't remember it all).  I love to spend rainy afternoons crocheting while watching one of the movies.  I often get teased a lot for this "little" obsession by coworkers, friends and family members who are always reminding (jokingly I promise) me he is isn't real.  

YES! I have a Gryffindor tie and scarf and the Elder Wand.  
I didn't get into the series right away.  In fact, I actually remembering laughing at my sister, Melissa, for reading it.  It wasn't until I nannied for a family for a summer in 2003/2004 (6-7 years after the first book came out).  They older boys were really into the books and had a Harry Potter board game.  In order for me to play the game with them (and lets be honest; win) I borrowed the books from them and have been hooked ever since.  

I went to pick up Deathly Hallows (the last book) at midnight with Chris, Melissa and two of her good college friends, have been to a few midnight releases of the movies and may or may not have dressed up (my catholic high school uniform skirt as come in good use the past few years) for the Deathly Hallows' Part 1 and 2's midnight showing.  I look forward to sharing the wonderful world of Harry Potter with my kids one day.  

Okay, now that I have shared my nerdiness with everyone what is your favorite thing?  Are you a Harry Potter fan?  If you had to choose just ONE favorite thing, what would it be?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!