6.03.2012

STL for Easter: Forest Park

My parents moved to STL six years go and since I have been visiting we make at least one trip each visit to Forest Park, the Central Park of STL.  When they first moved there, my parents lived in a condo literally across the street from the park.  They have since moved a few miles away (something about an unstable neighbor and PODS) into a house that is within biking distance to the park.  There is so much to do in the park with people year around running/biking/roller blading/walking around the 10k trail.  A great place to sit and relax, with a good book and/or some wine and people watching:)

I did not get around to doing much walking for working out purposes this visit - just wanted to do A LOT of relaxing so that is what I did.  But I did walk around the Grand Basin a little to capture these photos.





Love the pictures of the kids feeding the ducks.  Love both their reflections in the water and their shadows on the walk
There they are again - benches.  I love these benches.  
And I also have a thing for Weeping Willow Trees. 

The next group of photos are from my handy dandy iPhone using the Instagram, Cross Process and Hipstamatic apps.







Again, if you are ever in the STL area, this is a place definitely worth a visit.  Have children?  Perfect.  The Zoo is free.  Yes, F-R-E-E. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  My trip is coming up - WEDNESDAY!!! Time to start thinking about packing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!