4.22.2013

love actually is all around

Copyright @ acornphotography


This time last week (I am typing this at 9am) people were most likely easing into their Monday morning routine.  Hating the fact that the weekend flew by yet again and it was another start to a long week.  Going about one's business completely unsuspecting of what would happen in the next few hours. 

I do not watch the news.  I used to but not anymore.  It all started when I first moved out on my own and all the different stories of robberies, fires, gun battles, deaths, etc kept me up at night.  At the time it was not much of a conscience effort, it just didn't make me feel good so I stopped watching.  And like most things, since I haven't watched in a while I don't miss it. 

My main source of "news" now comes from Facebook. So when I was scrolling through my news feed last Monday afternoon and my "friends" were talking about the bomb that went off during the Boston Marathon I was completely thrown.  Of course my heart broke as I started to learn more about what happened and hearing of the fatalities and casualties throughout the day.  How did this happen?  Who would do this?  

During the past week there have been many posts like this one wondering why there is so much more hate than love in the world.  And when awful things like what happened in Boston and West Texas happen, that is a hard thing not to wonder.  But let me tell you a little secret, my friend.  There is more love than hate in this world.  It happens every day but we tend to overlook it because of how often it happens.  The love we experience every day is not necessarily huge or significant but it is there.  

There is love when:
a complete stranger smiles at you, just acknowledging your presence 
when you hug a friend you haven't seen in a while
when you say "I love you" to your significant other, family members, children, etc before leaving in the morning
a complete stranger opens the door for you
when you make someone laugh or vice versa
when we support one another in our goals and dreams
when the cashier at your local coffee shop or grocery store says "have a good day" to you
a complete stranger says "good morning" to you

See?  There is more love than hate but since it happens so often we seem to take these small expressions of love for granted. 

So today and every day, I challenge you.  Look for love.  Share love.  I guarantee you will see it more then you might think.  I promise. 

Because "If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."


Dave Matthews Band - "Everyday"

Pick me up, love! 
(Pick me up, love) 
Hey, how long, how long, how long (Everyday) 
Everyday, ah 

Pick me up, oh, from the bottom 
Up to the top, love, everyday 
Pay no mind to taunts or advances 
I take my chances on everyday 

Left to right 
Up and down, love 
I push up love, love everyday 
Jump in the mud, oh 
Get your hands dirty with 
Love it up on everyday 

All you need is 
All you want is 
All you need is love. 
All you need is 
What you want is 
All you need is love. 

Everyday 
Everyday 
Oh, Everyday... 

Pick me up, love, from the bottom 
Up onto the top, love, everyday 
Pay no mind to taunts or advances 
I'm gonna take my chances on everyday 

Left to right 
Up and up and inside out right 
Good love fight for everyday 
Jump in the mud, mud 
Get your hands filthy, love 
Give it up, love 
Everyday 

All you need is 
All you want is 
All you need is love. 
All you need is 
What you want is 
All you need is love. 
Oh... 

What you've got 
Lay it down on me 
What you've got 
Lay it down on me 

All you need is 
All you want is 
All you need is love. 
All you need is 
What you want is 
All you need is love. 

Everyday 
Everyday 
Oh, Everyday... 

Pick me up love 
Lift me up love 
Pick me up love 
Everyday... 

Up from the bottom, everyday 
Up to the top love, everyday 
Pick me up love 
Lift me up love 
Pick me up love 
Everyday

       Comment Promise Hop

post signature

7 comments:

  1. So true! In times like this we have to try harder to acknowledge all the love that DOES exist in the face of tragedy. I love that movie quote by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOVE* DMB! And I'm like you about the news....I just can't watch, or I would never have peace of mind. Happy Musical Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good point! Love is everywhere! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my last comment didn't post? Not sure what happened! Anyways I said something like this:

    This is so true and a great post! Love really is everywhere! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post and oh so true! Sometimes we just need to sit still and observe all the little moments around us! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! This is exactly how I feel!
    Love Actually is one of my favorite movies...and love it all around!
    This made my heart fill up with warm fuzzes.

    Smile always!
    xoxo
    Andie's Traveling Pants

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!