8.14.2014

alyson cornman photography | shop

Since getting into photography I have always wanted to sell my photos.  For a while I dabbled in portrait photography but quickly realized that wasn't the route I wanted to take.  I thought it would be easy and quick money.  Boy, I could not have been more wrong.  

Adding my photos to Etsy has been something I have been doing on and off for the past few years.  I have not been as successful as I had thought I would be.  I just assumed I would add photos to my shop, people would see them and love them, and buy them.  I mean, that would be the easiest and most comfortable way, right?  

I quickly realized I needed to whore myself out advertise and sell my works myself.  I wasn't ready to yet so I kept putting it off and putting it off - I doubt it had anything do with my shy, Type B nature {insert sarcastic look here}.  It was not until recently that I started to really research and consume any information on how to sell on Etsy.  I know I still have loads and loads and LOADS to learn but I am pretty confident in where I am starting. 

So, today, I would like to share with all of you - my fabulous and wonderfully beautiful readers - what I have added so far.   
"Pittsburgh in the Fog" | 8x10 print available at $15. 

"Sunflower" | 8x10 print available for $20. 

"Beach Sparkle" | available upon request, starting at $15. 

"Sunlit Vineyard" | available upon request, starting $20.  

Like I said, I still have so much to learn.  Pricing? Descriptions? Advertising? Shipping?  So much. I am all ears, y'all!  Do you have any suggestions on books or online resources I can turn to to help? 

Do you have an Etsy shop?
What do you look for when purchasing photography?

Linking up with Nicole and Ash today!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!