3.02.2012

Beautiful Skies

I love the sky. Sunrise, day time, cloudy, sunny, sunset, whenever.  It is always changing and it is often a reminder to me that no matter what life goes on even though I sometimes I wish time would slow down just a little.  Our deck out back is one my favorite places to watch the sunset.  Being that it is winter and all I haven't really been outside to catch many recent sunsets.  This past week, on Monday I believe, I was doing the dishes and happened to look up to see the most gorgeous sunset I have seen in a while. 


 
I love the clouds and the color contrast from yellowish orange to blue.  

As soon as Chris got home, I asked him if he had seen the sunset at all?  He had and said it reminded him of Independence Day.  Haha.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  You know when the alien's space ship comes through the clouds/smoke?  Yes?   

Just in case here's a little video for those of you who need a little reminder (around minute 1:19).  

(And I totally forgot about Jamie Lee Curtis' cameo!  "I hope they bring back Elvis!")

I work from 7:30-3:30 so I need to leave my house around 7:15.  As anyone who knows Beaver County and the Ohio River Boulevard (I know Jocey knows what I'm talking about) knows it is not the most scenic commute.  Mostly industrial.  To add to that, I am driving with the sun behind me.  But, If I look in my review mirror I sometimes I get a glimpse of the rising sun.  

However, there is a positive (there is always a positive if you look long enough) to my commute deeper into Beaver County!  Living in the City of Bridges I am surrounded by bridges on my commute and love the reflections of the bridges on the river.  Especially on a cold cold winter day when the water is so calm that it almost looks like glass.  This morning I left the house a little early and was able to detour into Rochester for a quick photo session with the rising sun.  I love the colors.  




One of my favorite things about photographing the sky is that is never the same.  A gorgeous sunset or sunrise can really really humble you.  

Do you have a favorite time to photograph?  Do you prefer sunsets over sunrises or vice versa?  

-------

friday photo dump: 


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!  I have a photo shoot tomorrow morning in Cleveland with an adorable one month old baby girl (I mean why else would I go to Cleveland?)! Can.  Not.  Wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!