10.25.2013

fall craving

I don't know what it's been like in your neck of the woods, but it has been such a strange October.  Just last week it was still in the 70s and sunny.  But in true Pittsburgh fashion, Fall has finally seemed to arrive in the form of chilly 40 degree temps and rain.

But as the temps drop I have been wanting to do nothing but sit on my couch, watch Harry Potter, and crochet while my Fall scented candles burn.  Of course Etsy has not helped with this new obsession. 
1 // Love of Simple - I love how big, bulky, and comfortable this one looks. 
2 // Tiny Little Memories -  I love the bright blue color of this one.  As much as I love the Fall-like colors, adding a bright pop of color just makes me happy. 
3 // Valkin Threads - a scarf plus a hood?!  Yes, please. 
4 // All Reds Antiques - The soft yellow just screams Fall, don't you think? 

1 // Puik - Even though this is knitted, I still love it.  One of my goals is to learn how to knit. 
2 // The Art of Zen Crochet - I love the button on the side! And the grey pretty much goes with anything. 
3 // Swell Amy - What is there not to love about this one?  And the fluffy ball on the top? Dying.  

I don't understand pattern quite yet but have made that one of my goals this year to learn.  I actually completed my first infinity scarf just the other day but I relied on a YouTube video to get me through it.  I originally I wanted to make it for a Christmas gift for my sister but it didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped - needs to be a little bit bigger.  Oh well, just means I have a new scarf to add to my collection.  

Which ones are your favorite?
Do you crochet?
What do you crave during the Fall months?

And what's a Friday post without a little music?  And I am pretty sure Whitney will be pretty pleased with my choice today. 

until next time
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of those scarves!! So warm and cozy looking! I really want to get a few new scarves and crochet is so warm looking :) And while I'm not a huge fan of hats, that second one is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and styles of #2 in both pics! I'm also craving chunky infinite scarves this season- they're so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love these scarfs! I am on the look out for one for myself! Thanks for sharing!

    cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love those slouchy hats! I've been meaning to get one for years!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!