2.10.2012

Music Love

I love good music and am always looking for new music to listen to and add to my iPod/iPhone.  My favorite station to listen to in Pittsburgh is  91.3 WYEP.  Plays great music (mostly Indie Rock) with few interruptions.  On my drive to work during the week around 7:15, Cindy (the Morning Mix DJ, for lack of a better word) announces the Daily Feedback.  The Daily Feedback is a list of three songs that are played every day at 4:20 (giggle giggle) chosen by the WYEP staff from a category named that morning.  Today's category: "Songs you hated as a child, but like as an adult."

Cindy introduced the topic by saying how common it is for us, as adults, to hear music we loved as a child but cringe when we hear it now.  For me personally, I love hearing songs from my childhood.  Popular music played in my house during childhood were Wilson Phillips, Bonnie Rait and Van Morrison.  I don't necessarily cringe when I hear them but laugh instead at my parents' taste in music and what was once popular.  My first concert was Hootie & The Blowfish... with my parents.  Go ahead and laugh (but chances are you had their CD).  Even though I may be embarrassed by parents' (mine by default) choice in music I can't help but feel nostalgic and smile from whatever memory that song brings.

This morning I literally laughed out loud when the first song Cindy played after announcing the Daily Feedback:

Annie Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass

Holy flashback!  This song immediately took me back to driving with the fam to the Memphis Zoo in my parents' Suburban (so economical I know) circa 1992.  Amazing what a song can do.  

For those of you who are interested the three songs chosen for the Daily Feedback today were John Prine "Donald & Lydia," Joni Mitchell "The Last Time I Saw Richard," and Steely Dan "Green Earrings."  Any of those ring a bell for you?  Yeah, me either.  

With all that being said, what are your favorite songs from childhood?  Or are you too embarrassed to share;)???

------
Friday Photo Dump:

-----

Heading to a concert tonight with Chris and some coworkers!  Hoping to have my camera with me to get some photos.  I'll be sure to share what I can with y'all later.  

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I appreciate your comment and thank you so much for stopping by!

      xoxo from Pittsburgh, PA:)

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!