2.03.2012

I Left My Heart In...

I was a little disappointed about this week's LensProToGo photo challenge.  Not because I didn't think it was a good idea.  But because I wasn't challenged to take a new photo as the category was "I Left My Heart In..."and it was acceptable to use an old image.

My original idea was to use a photograph taken at my parent's lakehouse in Drasco, AR.  The lakehouse represents relaxation, family, comfort, laughter and love for me.  It has been a great "go to" vacation spot when I've been in need of a little R&R.

But yesterday, as I was feeling nostalgic, I started to look through my good ole Webshots albums from 6 or 7 years ago.  As I was browsing I came across a photo I took of my family's house in Sewickley, PA on the first, last snow at the house (circa 2005).  Like I mentioned in this post my parents relocated in June 2006.  Moving around a lot as a kid I never really got attached to one house.  But spending 10 years in one home (the longest house we lived in) it is not hard not to get attached.  This house was just perfect.  Everything about it.

I left my heart on 622 Grove Street...


And doesn't the snow add that extra... something?  Seriously, perfection.  

-------
Happy Friday Photo Dump Day:

As you can tell, I had a LOT of fun with Hipstamatic this week:)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Chris and I have an exciting weekend of cleaning and organizing... 

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!