1.23.2013

Starting over

{Source via Pinterest}
This really speaks to me as of late.  For some of you who know me know that I hoped to start a photography business.  And some of those of you who know me even better know I am not a go getting, business minded person.  Never have been.  And I have finally decided I no longer want to try to pretend that I want to be one.

When I first started taking photos, I did it because I loved capturing a moment in time and sharing with others what I saw.  When I was first asked to take portraits of people I was beyond flattered.  Still am.  But the joy of taking a photo was no longer there not because of the people but because of the pressure I put on myself to take a perfect image.  That was when I started to lose interest in photography and to use my camera less and less.

So, I am going to start at the beginning.  Back to where I first fell in love with photography and capturing whatever moves me in that moment.  Does this mean I am not going to be photographing anymore portraits?  No.  Photography is what fuels me and I think going back to where I started, just taking pictures, is where I need to be.

So, no "I'm not giving up, I'm just starting over."

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I think that is a great way to look at it. Sometimes you just need to go back to your roots, do some soul searching and start fresh :) good luck xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Kayla! And that is what I hope to dedicate more of time to now:)

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!