9.23.2013

sometimes they call me bear, but i hate it.

I actually had a weekend that is worthy of documenting.  I met my family, both immediate and extended, in Nashville for my cousin's wedding.  Loads of drinking, laughing, dancing, etc were had as always.  I would never have it any other way.  And due to all of the above, I am still recovering today with a pretty bad headache that I cannot seem to kick so it will be a short post with a majority of it being photos.  
en route to the rehearsal dinner.  pre-drinks. 

the cool cousins table.  

my sisters and mom. 


Knowing that the next night, Saturday, would be the wedding and many of us would be needing to wake up early on Sunday to head back home, we decided to go for some drinks close to our hotel.  This is where the shenanigans really began.  I'll just say that fireball shots were taken, glasses were broken, beer spilled, and maybe or maybe not someone in our group got us all thrown out of the bar (I promise it wasn't me!).  



Party then continued in the "hospitality suite."


this guy would not leave my cousin alone all weekend.  just wouldn't get the hint. 


so crazy story.  the guy on the left in the photo above is the kid of my Dad's ex-fiance.  small world. 

Due to the shenanigans from the night before, I didn't leave the hotel but to grab Starbucks in the am.  I do wish I had gotten out to walk around the city as we were right downtown.  I just don't do headaches well.  Anyway, the wedding was held on the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge with a beautiful view of the sun setting over the city.  Who would have thought you could ever get married on a bridge.  Pretty cool though, huh?


doesn't my cousin, the last one, look so happy?  and so much like his dad?



cousin's baby.  isn't he the cutest baby you ever did see?

The reception was held at the Bridge Building right next to the bridge.  My cousin, who is a chef, came up with the menu for the buffet style dinner himself.  I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat but everyone was raving about everything they ate.  And since I have a new obsession with rooftops, I loved spending time on the roof dancing the night away with my family who I do not get to see very often. 


the cake.  how cool are those?  along with being a foody, the bride is quite the writer. 

the flower girls and ring bearer watching the first dance:)

me and my dad

all the cousins with Grandmal






me with my parents. 

Like always, the weekend was way too short and I had such a hard time saying good-bye to everyone.  I just need to seriously push having a family reunion next Summer.  

Sorry I am not sorry for all of the photos.  But with this headache it's all I could muster.  Now it's time for Prisoner of Azkaban on my couch while I sip on hot water with lemon.  I have another wedding next weekend so recovery is my top priority.   

Linking up with Sami, Jenni, and Tarole.

until next time
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Who gets married on a bridge?! That's so awesome, I almost want a redo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautiful, all the photos exude happiness! and prisoner of azkaban is one of my favorite harry books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an absolutely fun wedding weekend!!! I'm pretty jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!