2.01.2013

365 & Check-in

Happy February everyone!  One month down, one or two or three (depending on where you live) of miserably cold months left.  Usually January and February are looooooong months.  But for some reason this year, January seems to have come and gone pretty quickly.  Hoping February is the same.  

Here are last week's photos for my 365 Project:

Jan 26, 2013.  Day 37 of 365
"Intertwined"
{didn't realize how hairy husbands legs (don't worry those aren't mine) are until now.}

Jan 27, 2013.  Day 38 of 365
"Sparkling"
{I love when the snow sparkles}
"Icicles"

Jan 28, 2013.  Day 39 of 365
"Movement"
{girlfriend has gotten so good at riding her scooter}

Jan 29, 2013.  Day 40 of 365
"Fog"

Jan 30, 2013.  Day 41 of 365
"My First Love"
{Yes, I have a Brad Pitt mug.  I got it for my 16th birthday along with other various Brad related items.}

Jan 31, 2013.  Day 42 of 365. 
"Foot Prints"
{fun in the snow with girlfriend}

Feb 1, 2013.  Day 43 of 365. 
"Heinz"
{I love the vintage look the LR preset added to this}

----------

Today is also the first day of the month so I am also linking up with Kisses From the Misses for Strive for Five.  This is my third check-in.  While I am not 100% happy with my dedication to the goals I set for myself I am getting there.  I am glad I decided to do this because it is a constant reminder of what I hope to accomplish this year and continues to hold myself accountable.  

Resolution #1: Be healthier
Since my last check-in, I have stayed true to a gluten-free diet.  The headaches I get from it are just not worth it anymore.  Besides husband tells me he can tell when I eat it because I turn into a "gluten zombie."  And no one wants to be told they turn into a zombie (even though Hines Ward is making it cool to do).  I have been pretty good at staying away from dairy but am not as strict with that as I don't really notice much of a difference mentally or physically.  I plan on staying away from it daily but will allow myself to enjoy it every now and then.  
I did get up at 530 on Monday morning to run/walk on the treadmill after a shit night of sleep.  But I payed for it.  Monday night I came home around 530, went straight upstairs, and didn't leave but to brush my teeth and go to the restroom.  My alarm was set for 530 again on Thursday but I chose not to get up since I am still fighting a cold and had another bad night of sleep.  Tomorrow for sure. 

Resolution #2: Complete a 365 Photo Challenge
I have been having so much fun with this!  If you want to see what I've captured so far check out my Flickr page or just click on The 365 Project above. 

Resolution #3: Make more time for us
Since we are on a tight budget these days we have been spending a lot of time cuddled up on the couch with Red Box rentals.  However, today we did get out and spent sometime in Pittsburgh.  Something we don't get to do very often but both decided we should do at least once a month.  Hoping to blog about it tomorrow!

Resolution #4: Spend more time with friends
I have really be slacking with this unfortunately.  I keep meaning to send emails out to friends but it leaves my mind as quickly as it enters.  I hope to say differently in my next check-in on the 15th!

Resolution #5: Really start to save money
This is something we are both struggling with at the time.  Doesn't mean it isn't something I still hope to do.  Perhaps husband and I should start saving our receipts and sit down to really see where our money goes?  


Hope everyone is staying warm out there!  And happy weekend!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great shots. I really need to spend more time with my camera. You're motivating me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I am glad I am helping to motivate you:) Just carry it with you everywhere you go.

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!