Almost a month ago I was nominated again for The Liebster Award! I was as thrilled for a second nomination as I was for the first one. Thanks to Andie from The Adventures of Andie's Traveling Pants for the sweet nomination. If you have a minute, do take a minute to check out this chica's blog and be sure to congratulate her on completing her first half marathon!
The rules for this one are a little different then last time:
*Each person tagged must share 11 things about themselves.
*They must answer the 11 questions the tagger has made for them
*They must then choose 11 fellow blogs to nominate (and the nominees must have under 200 GFC followers). Each nominee must then be told in a comment on their blog.
*Lastly, they must then think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers they have decided to nominate
Anyway, here it goes...
11 things about me:
1) I wear a size 5.5 shoe. Runs in the family. I honestly didn't realize how small my feet are until I first started dating my now husband. I have been getting teased ever since.
2) I was born in Memphis, TN and moved six times before I was 13 years old. And my dad wasn't in the service.
3) My younger sisters are twins. Identical, although they really don't look a like to me. But their personalities are completely different.
4) I still say y'all even though I have been living in Pittsburgh, PA for 17 years. I absolutely refuse to saw "yinz." It pains me to even type it out.
5) The volume of the TV/radio has to be, if I can see a number, divisble by 5. Makes me uncomfortable otherwise.
6) I hate to be cold. I much rather be dripping sweat then cold. And, no, it doesn't matter how many layers I add. Once I am cold, I am cold.
7) I turned 30 in October and was really dreading it for sometime. However, it has suprised me. I think my 20s were for figuring shit out and my 30s are for doing what makes me happy. I can already tell this going to be my best decade yet and I haven't really done anything too exciting.
8) There is not one place on this planet I do not want to visit. Seriously.
9) I have a very large extended family. And we all actually like eachother. We don't get together very often but when we do it is a guaranteed good time.
10) I have been in love with Brad Pitt since I first saw him tipping his hat in Legends of the Fall in the 6th grade. And he still does it for me. I would be one of those people who would cry or maybe even pass out if we were ever to meet. Judging by reaction when I thought I saw him in 2004 when I was in Malibu, it would be anything but calm, cool and collected.
11) I have started to really enjoy cooking and baking.
Questions (from Andie):
1. What was the last movie you watched in the movie theater?
Husband and I went to see the new James Bond.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Gosh, do I have to only pick one? I guess if I had to pick only one it would Russia. Which I guess could be seen as funny as I really hate to be cold. But I have a new obsession with wanting to see the Northern Lights and Russia is one of the best places to see it.
3. What did you want to be when you were little?
A hair stylist. I used to love doing my Barbies hair and showing off what I did.
4. Do you have a bucket list? How many things have you crossed off so far?
Yes. But I'd have to find it to tell you if I have crossed anything off the list yet. And to be honest, at this moment, I really can't even remember what is even on it. haha
5. What is one style you wish you'd never worn? or lived through?
I am not a very stylish person so I guess I really can't think of any style I wore that I wish I hadn't. I guess the 90s were kinda bad. You know, the peg colored jeans with a matchy matchy shirt to go with it.
6. What does your closet look like? Take a pic!
I have a VERY small closet. That is one of the down sides to our house. Luckily, I am not much of shopper or stylish so while it appears I have so many clothes I really don't. It's just the optical illusion my small closet gives.
With a few kiddos running around and doing lots of traveling.
8. What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Or that you remember doing?
I think it would have to most definitely be quitting my job after 6.5 years.
9. Do you remember the name of your first crush? What was it?
Yes! Grant Estes. Boy was he is so cute!
10. What was the last concert you attended?
Our favorite band, Bloc Party in Philly back in September. If you have never heard them before I recommend checking them out. We have traveled twice to see them live and would pretty much go anywhere within reason to see them.
11. What is the one thing you wish you did more of?
What is with this "one" stuff? I guess it would be have to be I wish I worked out more.
Rhiannon from Vanilla Bliss - I never thought of Japan as I place I would like to one day visit but Rhiannon's recent posts from her trip have led me change my mind:)
Shelly from Shelly No Belly - Shelly is such an inspiration to those of us who hope to lose weight. I love her honesty. She acknowledges not everyday is easy to stick your diet but has yet to give up.
Casey from True Colours - Casey and her husband take such amazing photos of the different places they have traveled. She posts advice on how to travel and will list her favorites from the different cities/countries they visit. And she lives in my favorite city, Portland.
Cassidy from I'll Follow You Anywhere - Cassidy is a military wife who writes honestly about her being married to a man in the service and their day to day lives. I have very much appreciated her honesty when it comes to her opinion of other bloggers.
Bridget from Junaluska - Bridget is an amazing photographer and writer. Her posts are always so well written and I can't help be drawn in every time.
Kristen from Un Homme et Une Femme - Kristen moved to Paris a year and a half ago with her husband for her husband's job. She writes about their life together living in Paris. She also pretty much single handedly re-introduced Kale to Paris. Check out her mission here.
Samantha from 24 to 30 - Samantha is another who blogs about her weight loss adventures and shares the meals she plans for the week as well. Another great inspiration.
C from Desperately Seeking C - I am not quite sure where or how I discovered this chicas blog but have recently discovered we may have met in a past life! We have a lot in common. Most obvious is our similar tastes in movies.
Allison from Lawfully Lost - Allison somehow finds time to write hilarious posts while she is going to law school. Oh, and she is an amazing photographer. Plus, Allison is a pretty sweet name if I don't say so myself.
Jenny from JenEric Generation - Jenny lives with her husband in Washington DC and shares their adventures exploring their city. Her writing is the kind that really draws you in and her photos make you feel as though you are standing right next to her.
Ella from Ella Coquine - Last, but most certainly not least, is one of the first blogs I discovered when I first started blogging and always look forward to what she has to share. Ella often writes about the hilarious things that happen to her while living her dream in Paris.
Now, it's time for my questions:
1. What is your biggest fear?
2. How many languages do you speak? Which one(s)?
3. Who is your celebrity crush?
4. If you could go back to any time period, which one would it be and why?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What are your top 5 favorite movies?
7. What genre best describes your taste in music? And who are you into these days?
8. What is your idea of relaxing?
9. What is your favorite part of blogging?
10. What is your dream job?
11. Did you have as a hard time as I did coming up with questions to ask?
Thanks again for the lovely nomination, Andie! I know I took forever to respond but I wanted to nominate other blogs I sincerely enjoy reading. And I realize some of you I nominated have already been nominated but if you do not feel you want to pass it on that's okay. I just wanted to let you know I genuinely enjoy reading your posts on a daily basis.