1.14.2014

2014: read 25 books


I have decided to attempt to read 25 books this year.  As I made this list and thought about it some, I realized this is quite the lofty goal for someone who only reads at night before bed.  I guess I'll just have to plan a beach vacation at some point this year if I have any hopes of finishing them all. (And these do not include possible book club books).  However, it is nice to have a list to work from.  My Goodreads "to-read" has only gotten larger and I find myself so overwhelmed when I am looking for my next book.  So if nothing else, this will serve as a good guide

1 // re-read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. {more than half way done with this one. i forgot how much slower paced this book is compared to the others}
2 // Looking for Alaska by John Green
3 // The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer {my mom said this was really good}
4 // The Book Thief by Markus Zusak {hear both the movie and book are excellent}
5 // Blog, Inc by Joy Deangdeelert Cho, Meg Mateo Ilasco
6 // Five Days in November by Clint Hill {i am fascinated by the Kennedy assassination and am eager to hear about it from a different perspective}
7 // Divergent by Veronica Roth {finally deciding to jump on the bandwagon}
8 // James Potter and the Hall of Elder's Crossing by G. Norman Lippers {if you know my obsession with harry potter then you will understand}
9 // re-read The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger {read this back in HS.  would like to read it with an adult mind}
10 // Winter of the World by Ken Follet {loved fall of giants}
11 // The Storyteller by Jodi Piccoult {i have loved every book of hers. well minus the pact. wasn't a fan of that one}
12 // The Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser {who doesn't find king henry viii interesting?}
13 // World War Z by Mark Brooks {because i love the movie and brad pitt}
14 // My Story by Marilyn Monroe {i have heard she was quite the intelligent woman despite always playing the token bimbo}
15 // Insurgent by Veronica Roth
16 // Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
17 // The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
18 // 11/22/63 by Stephen King 
19 // Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 
20 // The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
21 // Allegiant by Veronica Roth
22 // Berlin Noir by Philip Kerr {I also find WWII and nazis occupied germany fascinating as well}
23 // Winger by Andrew Smith
24 // We Are Water by Wally Lamb {there is not one book of his that I have not loved}
25 // The Silent Wife by A. S. A. Harrison

Follow me on Goodreads for updates and to see how I am doing!   

Do you have a book goal for this year?
What are you looking forward to reading?
Which ones from my list have you read?
Any favorites?

Linking up with Tori, Kimberly, and Tiffany today!

until next time
post signature

3 comments:

  1. You are reading so so so many of my favorite books! I hope you get through them all. I was a huge reader until my last year of college when I got to busy to read. I've completely fallen off the bandwagon since then and this is such a great way to get back on by making a list of books to read this year!

    Angi@ cantbuymelovvv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you get through the Book Thief let me know... I'd love to discuss the book with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Mockingjay is slow (and my least favorite of that trilogy) but definitely worth finishing. I hope you recap on them as you review them! Jodi Picoult is my favorite author by far so I'm glad to see she made your list. I haven't read Storyteller yet though, might have to make that my next one. I'm on a reading binge lately :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!