4.04.2014

mornings

It's been one of those weeks (well a few weeks actually) that I haven't once gotten out the Canon to photograph.  I bought myself an adorable camera bag on Etsy that doubles as a purse hoping that would motivate me to take my camera around more.  It worked for the first few months now it stays behind like it used to in the ugly camera bag.  I just grab my wallet instead.  I was looking at some old photos of mine on Facebook last night, while a lot of them I am horrified that I at one time thought they were good, and was quickly reminded why I need to bring the Canon along with me more often.  Photography fuels me.  I don't know about you, but I get such a rush when I get THE shot.  You know, the one where you say to yourself, "Wow!  That is a great shot" the moment you check it on your LCD screen.  I need more of those moments in my life.  Here's to hoping next Friday's post is filled with grain-free, good quality photographs.  Alas, until then, grainy and iPhone photos will just have to do.  

Anyway, the below photos were taken Thursday morning.  I got up early to get a workout in before spending the day with my girlfriends because, as history proves, I will not workout after.  And while rain was predicted for the day on Thursday, the rain decided to hold off until late afternoon so I was able to get some pretty cool shots of the morning sky. 
after my workout

driving to see my girlfriends

view when I pulled up. 

If I am going to be up early, at least Mother Nature decided to be kind and show off how beautiful she can be. 

And in case you are need of some good reads for your weekend, below are 5 of my favorite reads from the week.  Do yourself and check them out already.  You can thank me later.

1 // Not sure 'bout y'all but I certainly don't live in the moment as much as I should.  But Erin was right, why put off tomorrow what you can do today because after all, you could get it by a bus.

2 // Since I have been hearing so much about the Divergent series, I added it to my own list of books to read in 2014.   I finished it a little over a week ago, and I have to confess,  I was not a fan.  I mean I didn't hate it but i didn't love it either.  Bonnie's review is right on though.

3 // Since warm weather is finally approaching the NE, I need to get out of hibernation mode and get out more, preferably with an adult beverage or two.  Whitney brings up a good point, why do we leave fun for the weekends?

4 // Melyssa re-shared one of my favorite posts by her in the last week.  It might not be new, new but it's still a great read if you are a Harry Potter fan. 

5 // Raven always puts it bluntly and I love it.  Her post about why she decided to start working out again is right on.  And if we are all being honest with ourselves, I think we can all agree. 

When do you workout?
What are some of your favorite moments you captured this week?
Any links to articles that you loved that you would like to share?

Linking up with Aimee, Jess, and Darci today!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. All we have is 'now' and I'm learning, too, to appreciate that fact. I'm not great at photos, but I do like to try. Loving your morning skies.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!