3.17.2013

they dye the river green!

In honor of my favorite excuse-to-day-drink day of the year, I thought I would share with y'all my favorite St. Patrick's Day, circa 2009, to date

Ever since I learned that Chicago dyes it's rivers green for St. Patrick's Day it was something I wanted to do and see.  So, while husband and I were in town visiting family and for the Chicago Half Marathon the previous September, we started slowly plan how we could make that happen.  

I love my extended family.  We try to make a point to see each other at least once a year, even though it has gotten harder over the years.  We all get along really well and have always have a blast when we do get together.  So I figured this would be a great excuse to get the family together for a mini family reunion and to celebrate the small percentage of our Irish blood.  

As I expected, and foggily fondly look back on, it was a great day of dancing, green beer, and laughing with some of my favorite people. 


Sisters. (from L to R) C, Me and M. 

Cousins.  (from L to R) Me, M, C, Kristin and KDKA. 
Us in the bean:) 
Cousins in the bean photo for Grandml 


Uncle Bobby!  And yes, he is wearing jeans with a jean jacket.  He is still one of the coolest adults I know though:) 
Waiting for the train. 
Post day drinking festivities dance party late into the night

Hands down, my favorite St. Patrick's Day.  However, most nights end like this when we are visiting our family in Chicago.  And I wouldn't have it any other way:)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!