12.21.2012

Resolutions

Every year I make resolutions for myself.  Every year I fail... miserably.  And I think know the reason is because I do not make my resolutions known to friends or family (some even I don't share with husband).  This year WILL be different. 

I was a little hesitant to even make goals for myself for the coming new year until I saw this link up from Kisses From The Mrs.  When reading different articles, blogs, etc on how to stay motivated one of the best ways to keep up with your goals is to share your goals with others.  That is what The Mrs link up is all about, sharing your goals and progress throughout the year.  So, this year I am going to do just that. 

Resolution #1: Be healthier
I eat healthy most of the time but find it extremely difficult to turn away from the nilla wafers or gold fish while I am baby-sitting.  I go through periods of when I eat great but only lasts for like a week.  I need to discover healhy alternatives (that do not have gluten or dairy) to keep my belly full so I am not tempted. 
I would also like to run at least 3 times a week and maybe take up a class.  I am thinking a kick boxing or Jujutsu class.  I have been watching Alias and Jennifer Garner's character inspires me to want to learn how to kick ass.

Resolution #2: Complete a 365 photo challenge.
I would like to start this on new year day.  But maybe today or tomorrow.  It will encourage me to take my camera with me more places.  
I am going to include conquer Photoshop and Lightroom in here as well. 

Resolution #3:  Make more time for Us
Husband just started working as a Massage Therapist.  He and I both have been working somewhat different schedules.  I want to make more plans for just us to sit and just be together whether it be to go somewhere or just to snuggle on the couch together to just talk.  

Resolution #4: Spend more time with friends. 
I have gotten much better at this this year but would like to continue it.  I love spending time with girlfriends.  

Resolution #5:  Really to start to save money.  
Save to pay off debt.  Save to travel.  Save to do whatever, whenever we want.  

I am really looking forward to this challenge and would really appreciate feedback.  It is always nice to hear from others for ideas, motivation, support, etc.  

What are your resolutions for 2013? 

-Alyson-

Linking up with
Kisses from the Mrs.

4 comments:

  1. A 365 photo challenge is such a good idea!!! I might have to steal that idea... hope you don't mind! Hahah and I love your Jennifer Garner comment! Can't wait to see how it progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are all great and I might have to partake in my own little 365 photo challenge. what a great idea! I also need to save that money!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a nice way to really challenge myself creatively which is what I need these days! Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!