12.30.2012

The 365 Project

One of my goals for the year is to actually complete a 365 Photography Project.  In case you are unfamiliar with this, the project consists of you taking a photo a day for an entire year.  I did not come up with this idea (even though I wish I had) but have loved the idea of it ever since I first heard about it.  

I attempted one last year but only made it from November to March.  Which I guess is pretty good but most of the photos were taken with my iPhone.  Which is also fine but since I have my phone with me a majority of the time it wasn't as much of a challenge to get photos.  This time I hope to use my DSLR a majority, if not for all, of the project.  I hope this project will challenge me creatively, force me to go outside of my comfort zone and encourage me to really learn how to use Photoshop and Lightroom properly.

It has only been 10 days into the project but I am so far having a lot of fun and get a little excited about getting out there to photograph.

Here is what I have captured so far:

12/21/12: Day 1 of 365
"Winter Berries"

12/22/12: Day 2 of 365
"Christmas decor silhouette" 

12/23/12: Day 3 of 365
"Jack" 

12/24/12: Day 4 of 365
"STL fire" 

12/25/12: Day 5 of 365
"YAHTZEE" 

12/26/12: Day 6 of 365
"Wine Collection"

12/27/12: Day 7 of 365
"Christmas Tree Heart Bokeh"

12/28/12: Day 8 of 365
"Retirement Flowers"

12/29/12: Day 9 of 365
"Wintery playground" 

12/30/12: Day 10 of 365
"7up" 

My goal is to share with you my progress once a week in a post.  They are also on Flickr in my The 365 Project set if you are interested in checking them out on a daily (hopefully) basis.  

What about you?  Have you ever started or completed a 365 Photo Challenge before?  If so, what did you find the hardest part to be?  How did it help your photography?  

Cheers. 





4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! I especially love the heart bokeh. I was trying to do that last night with my tree, but wasn't successful at all haha. You have inspired me to do a 365 photo project as well. I just got a DSLR and can't wait to learn all the tricks to it. I'm following your lead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cassandra! It was totally by accident but I was happy with how it turned out. Look forward to seeing your 365 project! Happy New Year!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of this project! I look forward to following your 365 days!

    Isn't taking Bokeh photos a total bitch??? That Eiffel Tower photo we took using this method freaking took forever and the results I think are still mediocre. You seemed to manage though! You're also a profesh. ; ) I love yours of the Christmas tree! Great shot!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ella!

      Yes, it really is. A steady hand in a low lighting situation is never guaranteed (mine was by accident and it's still pretty blurry). Are you KIDDING though?! I love your photo of the Eiffel Tower! Adorable!

      Happy New Year to you as well! Cheers to 2013!

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all. Comments are my favorite!